Apparently with entering the "toddler years" comes a whole new set of not so nice behaviors. Now, I must start by saying we have been spoiled by a "dream child"...she has been so easy and well-behaved. She has slept great since 6 weeks old, eats great, very sweet and calm demeanor, rarely cries, etc...get my drift?!? She's one easy child! So over the last week, we've seen a new side of my little angel.
Example 1:
On Thursday, I decide to run a few errands (something that Ali is used to doing as we've always been on the go since she was born). Picture it: we're in Target (our 1st errand of the day) and Ali proceeds to reach behind her and grab everything that she could reach and chuck them out of the cart and crack up laughing. At first, I laughed until it went on and on and got quite embarrassing. Then she tries to stand up and get out of the cart and then look at the lady running the register and growl and make this terrible face! From there we move onto the dollar store, where she pitches a fit (I mean screaming and crying) because I won't buy her a ball. Now I realize this was only $1, but the principle is she can't get whatever she wants just because she cries. And she has 4 or 5 balls already at home...we don't need another ball! So we put back what I have in the cart and calmly exit the store! I have one more stop before going home and we make it to Whole Foods where she pitches multiple fits for not getting her way or not getting something that she wants, etc.
We make it home to eat lunch and she proceeds to throw her food off of the high chair onto the floor for the dogs to eat. And has a couple of other meltdowns throughout the day. The day was so "trying" that when Brandon called at noon to chat and asked what we're doing, my response was "trying to make it to naptime!". I must admit that we haven't had many of these days, but wow when we do, they are not fun!
Example 2:
We've had to buy a new trashcan. This little jewel:
Now the reason that we've bought a new trashcan is because over the last 2 weeks we've found the remote control, my phone, the ipod, countless toys, a couple of magazines, and a cd in the bottom of our trashcan! Thank you Ali for deciding that we no longer needed these items...but we sorta think that we do need them. Makes us wonder, what has she thrown away that we didn't find?!? So this handy new trashcan is heavy enough that she can't lift the lid and even has a nice locking feature that says "great for dogs that get in the trash"...how about for keeping kids out too??? So far its done a nice job of keeping her out.
Example 3:
We've had a few random moments of "where did this come from...that's not our child!". For instance, attempting to bite us a couple of times for not giving her something or putting her feet on the table over and over after being told no or pulling Fonzie off of the sofa by his tail. You know, just things like that! I'm afraid that we're getting paid back for such an easy first year of her life. Ha!
Oh, and I'll leave you with a shot of her new favorite face:


No comments:
Post a Comment